Coopers Lake is a popular and well known fishery which is located in Weston-on-Trent. For a lot of people in the area, this must have been the go to fishery when they were growing up. If you like fishing and beer this could be your dream venue as the lake is located next to the Coopers Arms pub. Quite a rare thing nowadays, this is a single lake fishery.
Through the year there are a number of matches held at the venue. If you are traveling a good distance or just don't want your plans spoilt, phone in advance to check you will be able to fish.
Coopers Lake is situated just a stones throw from the popular Weston Moat Fishery, the two venues share the same postcode.
Main Species at Coopers Lake
Rules and Bans
- Keepnets in matches only
- Barbless hooks only
- No boilies, nuts, trout pellets, dog or cat meat
- Bloodworm & joker allowed between October to February
- Groundbait in pole cups / feeders only
- No night fishing
- Don't throw left over bait in at the end of a session
- Children under 16 to be accompanied by an adult
Find out more information
Address: The Green, Weston-on-Trent, Derbyshire. DE72 2BJ
Sat Nav Postcode: DE72 2BJ