Frisby Lakes is a 100 acre site which contains 2 mature gravel pits. If you prefer to fish on a more traditional and established venue then this is somewhere that you should check out.
Main Lake - As the name suggests, this is the larger piece of water. At over 44 acres, there is a lot of water to go at. The carp in here run into the 40s! There is a large population of 20s and 30s, so you should have plenty of fish to target.
Boys Pit - This is the smaller lake, which offers a range of fish holding features to most pegs. This lake has a great reputation for the Tench - if you are after a slimy tinca then sit yourself round here.
The venue has a tackle shop which sells a good selection of tackle and bait. Day tickets can be purchased from here, so pop in when you arrive. You can use the opportunity to find out where the hot pegs are and what methods are currently doing the damage.
Main Species at Frisby Lakes
Rules and Bans
- All anglers and visitors must report to the tackle shop before leaving the car park
- Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead (at all times)
- Barbed hooks must be used up to size 12, trebles must be semi barbed
- Landing nets and unhooking mats are to be used on both lakes
- No dead baits are allowed to be brought on site, all dead baits to be purchased in the tackle shop
- Baitboats can be used but only in a sensible manner
- No removing of fish off site, as this will be seen as theft and reported to the police
- All litter is to be taken home with you
- No driving on the flood bank, all cars must be left in the car parks unless told otherwise
- Alcohol must be drunk responsibly, any person found drunk will be asked to leave
- No drugs
- No carp to be left in sacks unattended for more than an hour
- Don’t be an idiot, fish sensibly and act responsibly
Tickets and Prices
Adult day ticket - 1 rod: £7.50
Adult day ticket - 2/3 rods: £12.50
24 Hours: £20
48 Hours: £30
Find out more information
Address: Hoby Rd, Ashfordby, Leicestershire. LE14 3TL
Sat Nav Postcode: LE14 3TL