Janson Fishery is an easily accessible coarse fishery set in idyllic countryside in the Vale of Belvoir. The venue features four lakes and offers a great environment for for match fishing, pleasure fishing and coaching.
Tomo's Pool (day ticket) - a well matured pool with 18 pegs, this was the first water on the venue during its creation in the 80s. It is an irregular shape and has an island running down the middle. It has a large head of mixed species including carp into the mid teens, tench, barbel, chub, roach, rudd and crucians. With depths ranging from 2 to 5 foot, pole or waggler tactics are the best to adopt on Tomo's Pool. Best baits include chopped worm, caster, pellet and sweetcorn.
Donut Pool (day ticket) - specially designed for coaching and as an ideal 'lads and dads' lake, containing a large head of silver fish and small carp. Species include: carp, tench, roach, rudd, ide, and barbel. Pool one has a depth of 4.5 foot in the track with a gradual incline at both the near and far bank. All pegs are disabled friendly and are accessible by paths. Best baits include maggot, pellet and sweetcorn.
Match Pool (match lake) - a prolific 40 peg oval canal style match lake containing a large head of carp up to 9lb (they average around 4lb), ide, skimmer bream, roach and rudd. This pool has a depth of 4ft 6 inch down the track, with a shelf on the far side and a gradual incline on the near side. All pegs are disabled friendly and are fully accessible by paths. Best baits include pellet, sweetcorn and maggot. The match record on here is over 300lbs.
Munroe's Pool (match lake) - there are another 24 pegs on this pool which was added more recently. It is a similar size to the match pool, but fewer pegs means there is more water to attack. There are no silver fish in here, so if you like catching carp, this will be a dream come true. The carp run close to double figures, but average at around 3lbs. The match record on here is close to 300lbs.
At Janson Fishery you will also find:
- A cafe that provides a range of hot/cold food and drinks
- A small camping area with electric hookups for 8 caravans, plus more space for others
- A toilet block
- The Vale of Belvoir pub is a one minute walk!
Main Species at Janson Fishery
Orfe / Ide
Rules and Bans
- Barbless hooks must be used - Max size 12
- No keepnets
- Carp mats must be used
- Landing net must be dipped before fishing
- Landing net to be used for every fish, no swinging fish in
- No towels/cloths to be used to hold fish - wet hands only
- All fish to be returned to the water
- Fishing from permanent pegs only
- Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
These are the only baits you can use for a pleasure session:
- Dynamite Swim Stim Green or Jansons own green pellets are the only feed pellet allowed
- Corn, hookable carp pellets, maggots, casters, worms, hemp and carp pellet paste only
- Bread, luncheon meat and dog biscuits as hook bait only - no loose feeding these baits
If you are fishing a match you must comply with these bait rules, you can only use the following as feed or hookbait:
- Maggot, Pinkies, Caster, Worm, Sweetcorn (in kernel form only, not as slop or soup etc), Commercially cooked hemp, Janson green betaine and Dynamite Baits Swim Stim green pellets (fed in pellet form only, not as slop or dust)
- No floating baits of any kind
- No groundbait
Tickets and Prices
A session at Janson Fishery will cost:
Day ticket - £6
The two match pools (Match and Munroe's) can be fished on a day ticket during the week. Match rules must apply and fishing is restricted to 5 hours.
Find out more information
Contact: David Gaydon
Telephone: 07827 444981
Address: Redmile Lane, Elton, Nottinghamshire. NG13 9EU
The fishery is located just off the main Nottingham to Grantham A52 road at Elton. Coming from Nottingham, travel on the A52 towards Grantham, passing Bingham by about four miles. After Whatton look for the Vale of Belvoir pub on the right and turn off the A52 there. Go past the pub entrance on the left and round the corner - the next entrance on the left is the fishery.
Sat Nav Postcode: NG13 9EU