Gold Valley Lakes
Gold Valley lakes is one of those fishing venues that everyone in the UK will have heard of. In addition to the many articles which feature in the angling press on a regular basis, the fishery has a reputation for being a great place to catch fish - it is a favourite venue for match and pleasure anglers.
There are 5 lakes at Gold Valley:
Gold Lake - This 6 acre lake offers a choice of 45 pegs, so you should have plenty of water to target. There is a range of coarse fish to target, including some bumper double figure carp.
Middle Lake - 100lb weights are common on this lake, so take plenty of bait. The fish respond well if you are able to build a swim up with a little and often approach to feeding.
Syndicate Lake - You are spoilt for choice on this lake, there is a head of specimen Crucians, Tench, Bream and Perch. Make sure you explore your peg well, the average depth of the water is around 5ft, but there are some more shallow areas in the middle.
Bat Lake - This smaller lake responds well to pole and float tactics. This is a much more intimate lake compared to some of the larger waters.
Bungalow Lake - A fgantastic natural venue which is very well established. With a range of islands, old willows, rushes and pipe reeds there are lots of features to fish to.
In addition to the fishing, the venue also has a fully licensed cafe/bar which serves hot and cold food. The onsite tackle shop offers a wide range of tackle and fresh bait.
Main Species at Gold Valley Lakes
Rules and Bans
- No nuts, beans, cat food, dog food or bread
- No feeding of surface baits
- No fly fishing
- No swimming or wading
- No fishing between platforms
- No keepnets or sacks
- All fish to be returned to the water immediately
- No fixed leads or feeders
- All anglers require an unhooking mat & a landing net each
- No reserving of pegs for other anglers
- No dogs are allowed on our gold valley complex.
- Barbless hooks only
- Small children are to be accompanied by an adult at all times while on the fishery.
- All litter & discarded line is to be removed from your peg when leaving and placed in the bins provided.
- Broken items of tackle are to be taken home with you – not to be placed in our bins.
- Failure to comply with any of the above rules could result in you being asked to pack up and leave the fishery without refund
Tickets and Prices
Full day ticket: single rod = £11.00
Full day ticket: double rod = £17.00
Evening ticket: single rod = £7.00 (issued from 3pm onwards)
Evening ticket: double rod = £11.00 (issued from 3pm onwards)
There is also a £5 charge for non-fishing visitors
Find out more information
Address: Government Road, Aldershot, Hampshire. GU11 2PT
Sat Nav Postcode: GU11 2PT