Office Lake Fishery is a gravel pit which is located close to Southwell in Thurgarton. The venue dates back to the late 1950s, a by product of the local gravel company. The lake is currently undergoing somewhat of a transformation under new ownership. There has been extensive work to the banks, pegs and vegetation. Interestingly, the lake has been stocked with catfish – if you like to fish for catfish then Office Lake Fishery is the only local venue that caters for your needs!
Hmm.. did someone say catfish?!
Main Species at Office Lake Fishery
Rules and Restrictions
- Environment Agency rod licence(s) will be checked (2 required if 3 rods being used)
- No excessive noise, alcohol or behaviour
- No tree climbing or cutting of trees
- No open fires
- Nets and mats to be dipped and rinsed in the tubs provided
- Live baits can ONLY be used by prior arrangement
- Bait boats may be used sensibly (do not cross other anglers lines/swims etc
- Barbed hooks may be used if you are confident of removing them without damage to fish otherwise barbless hooks must be used
- Strong long reach forceps / pliers to help remove hooks
- Do not use wire traces or treble hooks
- Do not leave rods unattended (maximum 3 rods)
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
All fishing at Office Lake Fishery must be booked in advance, tickets are not available on the bank. The following rates apply:
12 Month syndicate ticket including winter piking: £300
One night (up to 24 hours): £25
Two nights (up to 48 hours): £45
Find out more information
Contact: Graham Moulds
Address: Hoveringham Lane, Thurgarton, Nottingham, NG14 7HD.
Sat Nav Postcode: NG14 7HD