Springvale Fishing Lakes are in Bevercotes, Nottinghamshire. If you are not familiar with the area, on a map it sits between Ollerton and Tuxford. If you have fished at Wellow Dam or Little John Lakes, then it is not too far away.
This is a well managed fishery that is set in a great location. The banks are well maintained, the pegs are decent and there are plenty of fish to catch. There is a choice of 6 waters at Springvale. If you like catching carp and silvers this might just be your dream venue!
There is a choice of 6 waters at Springvale. If you like catching carp and silvers this might just be your dream venue!
First Spring Lake – the oldest water on the complex. There are 27 pegs to go at, stocked with carp and silvers.
Oak Avenue Lake – a smaller 20 peg water stocked with carp and silvers.
The Golden Lake – there is not much info available about this lake. Fiver says you can catch carp or silver fish!
The Duke Lake – guess what? yep. Carp and silvers. Pleasure and match fishing. There are 40 pegs on here.
The Duchess Lake – this one is a bit different. Not really! Carp and silvers it is. Pleasure and match fishing.
The Newcastle Lake – 50 pegs, another one with with carp and silvers! This is used for pleasure and match fishing.
There are regular matches at Springvale. Before heading over it might be wise to check which waters are available to fish. They post updates on their Facebook pages with results and upcoming match bookings. All nets are provided by the fishery, so you car shouldn’t smell too bad on the way home.
Main Species at Springvale Fishing Lakes
Rules and Restrictions
Make sure you have a good read of the rules. There are quite a lot of them – don’t get caught out!
- No boilies
- No floating baits
- No bloodworm or Joker’s
- No meat, hemp or nuts
- No artificial baits to be used
- No seafood
- Springvale Fishing Lakes feed pellets only to be used
- Ground bait to be applied with a cup or feeder
- Maximum of 2kg of ground bait per session
- Maximum of 4 tins of sweetcorn per session
- Please do not drive on the grass
- Please do not bring any dogs onto the site
- Please use toilet facilities provided
- Please take all litter and unused bait home
- No wading or swimming
- All Fish must be returned to the Lake
- Do not weigh fish when pleasure fishing
- No gardening
- No floating pole
- No Jigga floats
- Floats must be used at all times (minimum of 2 inchs ) when fishing with a pole
- Minimum of 12 inches of line between pole tip & float
- Minimum 4 inch hook length
- Only in-line feeders to be used and free running
- Barbless hooks only (maximum size 12)
- Maximum pole length – 14.5 Metres
- Landing nets to be used on all Fish
- Only one rod per person, never leave unattended
- No Braid
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
The fishing at Springvale is charged at £6 for the day.
The venue is open from 8am to dusk all year round – apart from Christmas day.
Find out more information
Telephone: 07720 581292
Address: Springvale Road, Bevercotes, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG22 0BT.
Sat Nav Postcode: NG22 0BT