The Woodend Farm fishery can be found in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire. The ponds are open all year round with no closed season. There are 5 lakes in total which are set in natural and relaxing countryside. The ponds are all stocked with tench, roach, bream, rudd and all the carp. The venue offers great fishing for serious anglers and plenty of rod bending action for the occasional fisherman who just wants to enjoy a few hours on the bank.
The Donut Pond – A 30 peg pond stocked with all the above species with 10lbs – 15lbs fish being caught and match bags up to 40lbs.
The Kidney Pond – Small and kidney shaped, holds a good supply of fantastic silver fish and carp 17lb+.
The Bottom Pond – (built 20 years ago) is a secluded pond surrounded with trees. The carp are recorded to be 25lbs+ with plenty of 2lb and 3lb roach and bream being caught on a regular basis.
The Match Pond – Holds all the carp family. Next door to this pond is the Stock Pond and the future Specimen Pond.
Main Species at Woodend Farm Fishery
Rules and Restrictions
- No keepnets (unless approved match)
- No sharing of landing nets
- No hemp or floating bait
- No night fishing
- No liquidised bait, artificial bait or bread
- No cat or dog food
- No rubbish, line or hooks to be left behind
- No climbing over fences
- No walking on bridge or in woodland area
- No fishing off bank
- All nets must be dipped
- All hooks must be barbless
- All bait to be taken home
- All persons fishing must have their own landing net
- All fish to be returned to the water
- All litter to be taken home as no bins are on site
- All groundbait must be used in small feeders
- All all persons must leave before dark
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
A day ticket for Woodend Fishery is priced at £6.00 (+£2 for an extra rod). Tickets are available on the bank.
Find out more information
Telephone: 01623 550544
Address: Chesterfield Road, Huthwaite, Sutton-in-Ashfield, NG17 2QJ.
Sat Nav Postcode: NG17 2QJ