Taswood Lakes is located in the tranquil Norfolk countryside. The venue offers a range of different types of fishing – for pleasure, specialist and match anglers:
Lapwing – A fascinating, mature lake where only pleasure fishing is allowed. This water contains no Mirror Carp, Common Carp or silver fish, which means the target species are Tench, Chub, Barbel, Crucians and Grass Carp
Osprey – This lake is a rare treat for coarse anglers. It offers the change to fish for specimen fish on light tackle, you don’t have to worry about hooking into a big carp and holding on for dear life! The Bream go into double figures and the Tench get close too.
Kingfisher – Another pleasure only lake which looks super tenchy. This sheltered lake has some fantastic lilly pads which the fish are naturally attracted to.
Grebe – A smaller 20 peg pond which is stocked with a large number and range of species. This lake is great for beginners who want to build up some confidence and learn about fishing.
The venue has 4 specialist carp lakes:
Spring – a great starter water for anyone just getting into carping. This will be a good place to give you and your new tackle a test.
Grove – another water which should ensure plenty of smaller carp. You might need to recharge the bite alarm batteries after a session on here.
Heron – this water contains a large head of 20s and 30s.
Broadwing – this holds the venue record for the biggest carp, which was 42lb 5oz!
In addition to the fishing there is a selection of holiday accommodation. A tackle shop which has a full range of bait available means you don’t have to worry about leaving anything at home!
Main Species at Taswood Lakes
Rules and Restrictions
- Strictly two rods maximum, anglers found using 3 rods will be asked to leave
- Manufactured Barbless hooks only
- No fixed bolt rigs, either free running lead or on a lead clip so lead will eject on take or if snagged
- No leads over 2oz (60gms)
- No leadcore, (safezone leaders/ rig tubing can be used as an alternative)
- The ‘Method’ is not allowed on Grove, Heron & Broadwing
- No braided mainline (except marker & spod line)
- Particle baits are banned, except sweetcorn, maize, hemp, and carp pellets (No nuts, peas, seeds or spod mixes that contain these)
- Large Carp unhooking mats and landing nets (42″ +) must be used at all times on all carp lakes.
- No carp sacks
- All nets, weigh slings and mats to be dipped in tanks provided
- No heavy carp gear on coarse lakes
- No keepnets
- You must not stand up and hold fish for photographing
- All fish to be returned to the lake in a sling or on a mat
- No tents & gazebo’s (Angling bivvies only)
- No bivvies to block pathways
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
Coarse Lakes Prices:
Day tickets (7am to 6pm): £7 for the day
Day tickets, Spring & Grove (7am to 6pm): £10
Day tickets, Heron & Broadwing (7am to 6pm): £12
Night tickets, Spring & Grove (7pm to 7am): £10
Night tickets, Heron & Broadwing (7pm to 7am): £12
Find out more information
Telephone: 01508 470919
Address: Mill Road, Flordon, Norwich, Norfolk, NR15 1LX.
Sat Nav Postcode: NR15 1LX