Sumners Ponds Fishery near Horsham is a shared fishing and camping area which is set in 100 acres of woodland. The venue has a great reputation from both anglers and campers, if you stay for a few days you should manage to catch a net full of fish!
There are four lakes to pick from at Summers Ponds:
Ribbon Lake – The latest lake to be added to the venue. It has been designed so that all pegs have a fish holding feature to fish to. This is a great lake for a beginner, or someone in need of a confidence boosting day!
Farm Lake – One of the smaller lakes, however, don’t be put off – the carp in here run to the mid twenties.
Summers Lake – This is where you should head if you are a specimen angler. The carp in here go to the mid thirties. There are some big bream, roach and chub in here too, so some good fishing could be on the cards.
Match Lake – As the name suggests, this is a match style lake and is stocked with a range of different species.
Main Species at Sumners Ponds Fishery
Rules and Restrictions
- Barbless hooks only. Micro barbs and squashed barbs are not allowed
- No active rod should be left unattended
- No keepnets
- No bread to be used as ground bait
- No more than 1kg of ground bait per day
- One landing net and unhooking mat per peg
- Anglers must ensure their swim is clear of litter before commencing fishing, and on departure
- All fish must be returned to the water as soon as possible and without delay.
- All fish must be handled with care and not lifted more than 18 inches above the ground
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
Fishery opens every day 7am – dusk for day tickets:
Adults – 1 rod: £8.00
Adults – 2 rods: £12.00
Juniors – 1 rod: £6.00
Juniors – 2 rods: £7.00
Senior Citizen 1 rod: £7.00
Senior Citizen 2 rods: £10.00
Find out more information
Telephone: 01403 732539
Address: Chapel Road, Barns Green, Horsham, RH13 0PR.
Sat Nav Postcode: RH13 0PR