Ivy House Lakes are located in Grittenham, Wiltshire – a few miles from Royal Wootten Bassett. The venue is owned by Andy Lloyd, a name many match anglers around the country will be familiar with. The complex has had a lot of work carried out on it recently to improve the stocking, pegs and facilities. If you haven’t paid a visit here recently then you should give it a go.
There are 6 waters at the fishery:
Match lake – despite the name, this lake is available for pleasure fishing when there are no booked in matches. The carp go to around 8lbs with bream to around 4lbs. There are also roach, perch and tench to target.
Willow lake – The carp in here go up to the late teens. 24h fishing is allowed on here and its never used in matches. There are other mixed species.
Specimen lake – The carp in here go up to the mid 20s. 24h fishing is allowed on here and its never used in matches.
Kingfisher (old canal) – a refurbished lake which is only used for match fishing. It’s stocked with a big head of small carp and silverfish.
Moorhen (new canal) – recently refurbished and stocked with carp. This is currently closed for fishing.
Peter’s pond – a great lake for beginners. Stocked with silverfish, there are big pegs which are designed for families or people who want to fish together.
Main Species at Ivy House Lakes
Rules and Restrictions
- Pellets may be purchased from the tackle shop
- No floating or surface baits
- No bread or dog biscuits
- No meat of any kind
- No boilies, nuts or tiger nuts
- 2 kilos of groundbait maximum
- No braid allowed
- 2 rods maximum
- All fishing from the designated platforms
- Unused bait must not be thrown into the lakes
- No fishing more than half way across the lake
- Do not feed the wild life
- No alcohol, fires or barbeques
- No swimming or wading
- No keep nets or sacks
- All fish to be returned to the water immediately.
- All anglers must have a good sized landing net
- No fixed leads or feeders
- No reserving of pegs for other anglers
- No dogs or other pets
- Barbless hooks only
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Please respect other anglers
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
A fishing session at Ivy House Lakes will be charged at the following rates:
Adults = 1 rod: £8, 2 rods: £10
Children (under 14y), OAP and Disabled = 1 rod: £6, 2 rods: £8
Tickets should be obtained prior to commencing fishing from the cafe or tackle shop.
Find out more information
Contact: Andy Lloyd
Address: Whitehill Lane, Grittenham, Wiltshire, SN15 4JU.
Sat Nav Postcode: SN15 4JU