Baden Hall Fishery, located near Eccleshall in Staffordshire is one of the largest fisheries in the UK. There venue offers over 300 pegs, which are spread across 30 acres of water and 10 pools.
Canals – there are two 14m wide canal style lakes which are perfect for pole and waggler tactics
Doughnut – a circular lake which also offers canal style fishing
Duck Pond – an old skool style open lake which is a pleasure only venue. Pole works well for the smaller fish, but popup baits account for the larger fish
Lodge Pool – this is a section of the old match pool which is constructed into a separate pond. This is the smallest water on the venue but there is a good chance of a double figure carp on here
Old Dam Pool – this is half of the original dam pool which contains many of the original fish. There are some very bug carp and bream in here!
New Dam Pool – the newer half of the original dam pool which has been stocked with a good head of mixed species
Middle Pool – this pool offers over 60 pegs of pleasure only fishing. This is a great specimen lake with carp that go over 30lbs! This pool produces some great catches in the summer
Old Match Pool – after being revamped and restocked with a range of species in 2001, this 45 peg water is a great venue for club matches
New Quarry Pool – this is the main specimen lake. The current lake record is a 44lb common carp! Sounds like this record will only increase in the future!
Bridge Pool – another smaller specimen lake, the lake has produced carp over 30lb!
Mallards – a 25 peg canal style lake which produces average match weights between 70-80lbs
Main Species at Baden Hall Fisheries
Rules and Restrictions
- Tickets must be obtained from reception before fishing may commence
- Baden Hall Fisheries accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to fishing tackle, cars, persons or any other property however caused
- All cars must be parked in the Car Parks, and not on the road side
- Keep nets on Match waters only
- All fish must be returned to the water
- Peanuts, trout pellets or any other non-biodegradable baits are not allowed
- No rods to be left unattended in the water at any time
- No Beach Casting methods
- No litter to be left. Please use the bins provided
- Barbless hooks only
- Unhooking mats to be used for large fish, 6lbs and over
- No bad language to be shouted around the pools
- Please check for any additional rules in reception
- All nets must be dipped prior to fishing
- No dogs allowed
- Waste bait is not to be disposed of in the waters
- Two keep nets are to used on all match waters
- Juniors must be accompanied by an adult
- Boilies and pop ups must be purchased from fishing reception
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
Adults – 1 rod: £8, 2 rods: £10
Concessions – 1 rod: £6, 2 rods: £8
Afternoon session – 1 rod: £5, 2 rods: £7
Find out more information
Telephone: 01785 850313
Address: Badenhall Fishery, Eccleshall, Stafford, ST21 6LG.
Sat Nav Postcode: ST21 6LG