Friezeland Pools is a great set of fishing lakes located in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. The fishery features four very popular and well established pieces of water. The venue is used for match fishing, so if you are travelling a distance to fish a particular water it would be good to call in advance to make sure it’s available.
Friezeland Pool – the carp in here go to over 25lbs so if you are bagging on small fish you will get a surprise of you hook into one of those! A wide range of tactics can catch fish on here, you don’t need to adopt a specimen approach. This is the oldest and most popular water at the complex. It is possible to night fish on this pool.
Lower Friezeland Pool – a match and pleasure water which is stocked with a variety of species. Carp tend to make up a large proportion of match weights, but there are also good numbers of bream and tench. The biggest match weight is over 300lbs.
Upper Friezeland Pool – If you want to catch some big carp this is the place for you. This is a popular night fishing water with carp that are all over 20lbs.
Pam’s Pool – named after Pam, the bailiff, this water offers great year round sport. The depths in here go to 8ft and is stocked with a range of species. The carp in here go into the low 20s. This water is available for match bookings.
The venue has toilet facilities on site. Food and drinks are also available if you request them from the bailiff when you pay for you ticket – they can deliver food right to your peg!
Main Species at Friezeland Pools
Rules and Restrictions
- All rod holders have to hold a fishing licence
- Maximum 2 rods per angler
- Each angler is required to have own landing net unhooking mat
- No bait boats allowed
- Please be courteous to our bailiff
- Barbless hooks only! No micro barbs or snapped off barbs
- Maximum hook size 6
- Maximum line 15lb, recommended minimum of 6lb, with braid to be used only on the hook length
- No tiger nuts, boillies or hemp
- Floating baits are only permitted with constant vigilance to wildlife
- Please do not leave your rods unattended
- Fish should be reintroduced into the lake within 5 minutes of landing
- No sacks or keep nets allowed
Day Tickets, Membership and Prices
The fishing at Friezeland Pools is charged at the following:
Adults – £7.00
OAP’s – £6.00
Juniors – £6.00
Adults – £8.00
OAP’s – £7.00
Juniors – £7.00
£12.00 per night (Friday and Saturday only)
- All junior anglers must be accompanied by an adult.
- The fishing prices include parking and the use of the facilities at the Water Park.
Find out more information
Contact: Bosworth Water Park
Telephone: 01455 290796
Address: Wellsbrough Road, Market Bosworth, Warwickshire, CV13 6PD.
Sat Nav Postcode: CV13 6PD