It’s not just the sauce that puts Worcestershire on the map, in angling terms, Larford Lakes does a pretty good job of that. The fishery is a big hit with pleasure and match anglers, if you want a day where you are likely to have the scales spinning round at the weigh-in then you should certainly head down for a session. At Larford you have a choice between three lakes or a stretch of the river Severn.
Match Lake – This is a very fair and consistent lake. Pretty much any peg on here has a chance of winning some serious coin. Summer or winter, you might need a hand getting your keepnet out the water at the end of the day.
Specimen Lake – This lake offers 20 acres of fish filled action! The carp in here run to the mid thirties, but in addition there is also a big head of other mixed species. When the weather is cold, the silverfish provide great sport.
Arena Lake – This is a lake that is stocked with a wide range of species, in addition to the carp. As you’d expect, large catches are on the cards here. Match weights over 200lbs are common. However, don’t be expecting a day on the tip, this lake is float only.
River Severn – If running water is where you prefer to fish, then this stretch of the Severn will provide some great sport. Waggler, stick and feeder will all perform depending on the conditions. Play your cards right and you might bank a barbel or a carp.
As an angler, you are really spoilt here. With ample car parking, after having some breakfast in the cafe you could have your tackle dropped off at your peg by quad bike. If you have forgotten your bait you can pick some up at the shop. There are toilets onsite along with shower facilities too.
Main Species at Larford Lakes
Rules and Restrictions
- All carp must be netted. No swinging in of fish at any time. Landing nets must be of a fish-friendly material ideally polyester and, if possible featuring the Waterlily logo
- Strictly barbless hooks only
- Maximum hook size 10
- Ground bait on Match Lake to be fed by pole cup or feeder only or what can be squeezed in one hand only
- Pellets: Maximum 4 bags per angler. All feed pellets must be purchased from the fishery
- All landing nets and keepnets must be dipped before entry to the Lake bank
- Elasticated method feeders, in line or conventional feeders allowed (but not on Arena Lake)
- No cat food, dog meat, bloodworm or joker or macaroni cheese on ALL lakes
- No floating hook or feed baits on any of the lakes
- No floating poles
- Fishing from the banks or stages only
- No bait to be thrown on the banks at the finish of a competition
- No pole tapping or cupping water
- All pole rigs must have a fixed float 6″ minimum from pole tip or longer
- No PVA bags
- No artificial baits
Find out more information
Telephone: 01299 829373
Address: Larford Lane, Larford, Near Stourport, Worcestershire, DY13 0SQ.
Sat Nav Postcode: DY13 0SQ