Hallcroft has a reputation as one of the best fisheries in the country - and deservedly so! The venues 6 lakes offer anything the pleasure and match angler could need:
- A 100 seater cafeteria with licensed bar - serving breakfasts and food
- Male, female and disabled toilets
- A shower block for those anglers staying over night
- There is plenty of parking and for less abled anglers there is parking near or behind nearly every peg on the venue
- Hallcroft Tackle is the on site tackle shop
This is a typical Hallcroft carp:
The venue offers a choice of 6 waters:
Moat Pool - 190 pegs. Stocks are 60% carp & 40% silver fish, with match weights of up to 150lbs. Carp up to 20lbs, bream to 8lbs. perch to 3lbs +.
Bridge Pool - 80 pegs. Stocks are 60% Carp & 40% silver fish, with match weights up to 120lbs. Carp up to 27lbs. perch to 3lbs +.
Croft Pool - 28 pegs. Stocked with mainly small carp up 4lbs and skimmers is capable of producing winter match weights up to 70lbs and summer weights to 100lbs plus. Ideal for smaller club matches, plenty of bites for all.
Reed Pool - 48 pegs. Stocks are 80% carp & 20% silver fish. Carp average over 5lbs but some have now reached 23lbs. Perch up to 3lbs. Match weights of up to 100lbs.
Canal Pool - 21 pegs. New in 2009 stocked with lots of small carp, bream to 3lbs and tench to 3lbs.
River Ponds (formerly Stock Ponds) - These are for pleasure anglers only and are very popular with children and novices due to their high stock levels and ease of fishing.
River Idle - A fast flowing river containing barbel, chub, dace and gudgeon.
Main Species at Hallcroft Fishery
Rules and Bans
- Barbless hooks only - (maximum size 12)
- No method feeders
- In-line pellet feeders are allowed
- All feeders and bombs must be free running
- No floating baits
- Minimum of 12 inch hooklength
- No braid or hybrid lines (single strand monofilament nylon only)
- Maximum pole length - 14.5 metres
- All nets must be dipped prior to fishing
- Keepnets (matches only) and maximum of 60lbs per net
- Carp and silvers in separate nets
- All excess bait and litter to be removed from site
- No night fishing
List of Permitted Baits
- Hallcroft feed pellets only (maximum 1.5kg)
- Any hook pellet allowed
- Sweetcorn, luncheon meat, hemp and paste
- Worms, maggots, casters, pinkies, squatts
- Bloodworm and joker
- Groundbait (max 2kg per angler)
- Catmeat (max 2 standard tins)
Tickets and Prices
Day tickets at Hallcroft are charged at the following rates:
OAPs and Concessions: £5
Find out more information
Telephone: 01777 710448
Address: Hallcroft Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire. DN22 7RA
From the South
Heading North from Retford on A638, after around 1 mile turn right into Randall Way and then continue to the end T Junction. Turn Left onto Hallcroft Road, then continue to the end and turn right into Hallcroft Fishery and Caravan Park
From the North
Heading South from Bawtry/Doncaster on A638. As you approach Retford turn Left into Randall Way and then continue to the end T Junction. Turn Left onto Hallcroft Road, then continue to the end and turn right into Hallcroft Fishery and Caravan Park
Sat Nav Postcode: DN22 7RA