Fir Tree Fishery
Appley Bridge, Wigan
Fir Tree Fishery in Appley Bridge, Wigan is a bit different to your average commercial fishery. The fishery was designed to be somewhere that would offer the same angling experience to disabled and able bodied anglers alike. The lake features a man made walkway around the perimeter and then the permanent pegs are all spaced out along it.
Main Species at Fir Tree Fishery
Rules and Bans
- Barbless hooks only.
- All loose feed pellets must be bought from Fir Tree Fishery. Your pellets and paste as a hook bait only.
- No fixed weights or fixed feeders including elasticated method feeders.
- No floating pole methods or self-hooking techniques to be used.
- A landing net must be used to land all fish.
- Please lower fish back into the water (or keep nets during match events) with care and respect.
- All fish to be unhooked in a landing net and held away from the ground.
- 'Bullying of fish' and 'yank and bank' tactics are not welcomed at this fishery and anyone found to be doing so will be given a warning.
- No ground bait in any form! This includes liquidised bread, method mixes or particle mixes.
- No nuts, boilies, beans, dog or cat food.
- No surface baits such as floating bread or dog biscuits.
- All litter to be taken away or placed in the bins provided.
- Dogs are not allowed on site unless they are guide dogs for the blind or hearing dogs for the deaf.
- Keep nets and landing nets must be placed on the bank side/paths and in direct contact with sunlight prior to fishing.
- No bite alarms, bivies, pods, braid and general specimen carp fishing methods.
- We ask anglers place no more than 75lb of fish per keep net.
- Do not roll fish down the keep net when weighing in.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times or be part of an organised event with Fir Tree Fishery Angling Coaches/staff supervising at all times.
Tickets and Prices
Fishing at Fir Tree fishery is charged at the following rates:
Adult day ticket: £7
Concessions (Disabled, seniors and juniors): £5
Find out more information
Contact: Martin Taylor
Telephone: 01257 252 607
Address: The Nook, Appley Bridge, Wigan. WN6 9JB
Sat Nav Postcode: WN6 9JB