Tavistock, West Devon
Milemead Fisheries near Tavistock offers a choice of five lakes. There is a specimen lake and then some additional pleasure/match waters. The lakes are stocked with a great variety of different species. The venue was crowned the "Fishery of the Year" in 2012 by the Anglers Mail.
Specimen Carp Lake - this 2 acre lake will provide a good choice of swims for the bivvy brigade. There are lots of 20+ carp in here, the lake record currently stands at 29lbs.
Carp Lake - this lake is stocked with over 11 species! The carp run into the 20s and the roach go to over 2lbs! In the warmer months you will certainly have a great session on here. There are 35 pegs in total.
Coarse Match Lake - the 30 pegs on here offer great sport for anglers of all abilities. The lake is stocked with a wide range of species, with carp up to 10lbs and bream and tench that go to around 4lbs. These are great weight builders, so take plenty of bait in the summer!
Canal - a great piece of water that will have you bagging on Roach, Rudd, Bream, Gudgeon, Tench, F1’s and small Carp to 3 lbs.
Canal Basin - a similar water to the Canal - designed for pleasure sessions and small matches. It will provide great sport all year round.
The onsite shop offers a range of snack food, bait and tackle hire.
Main Species at Milemead Fisheries
Rules and Bans
- The Fishery opens at 7.00 am and closes at dusk.
- All Anglers are expected to visit our shop to purchase their permit. The shop opens at 9am.
- All nets must either be dry or be dipped in our disinfectant net dip before fishing.
- A maximum of 2 Rods per Angler on all Lakes at all times.
- All fish must be returned quickly and carefully. Photo's of fish must only be taken kneeling down.
- No barbed hooks.
- Maximum hook size 6.
- Anglers must only fish from the numbered pegs and must not cast into other Anglers swims.
- Anglers must have and use a suitable landing net. No swinging in fish larger than 8”(20cms)
- No fixed leads or fixed feeders. A minimum hook length of 4 inches to be used.
- Floating baits can only be used if freelined, ie No bubble floats or controllers of any kind.
- Keepnets are only allowed on the Canal and Basin and in Fishery approved matches.
- Maximum weight of 60 lb per keepnet. All fish to be retained for no longer than 6 hours.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Tickets and Prices
Day ticket - £8
Evenings - £5
Day ticket - £7
Evenings - £4
Find out more information
Telephone: 01822 610888
Address: Mill Hill, Tavistock, West Devon. PL19 8NP
Sat Nav Postcode: PL19 8NP